Renovation to the canopy and bridge at the main entrance
There will be preparatory work (ie erecting scaffolding) for work to be carried out on the canopy and the bridge at main reception during the summer break. This will begin on the week commencing 10 July. During the last two weeks of term and throughout the whole of the summer break would you please note the following:
- The disabled and the visitor car parking area will be fenced off just after the turning point to the exit curve of the main car park. This area will not be available for any staff or visitors vehicles.
- Large vehicles will be transporting scaffolding equipment through the main car park at varying times during the day. External Marshals will be assigned to direct these vehicles as they arrive and leave.
- Staff may use the rest of the main car park with the exclusion of the parking spaces in the exit curve area but please be aware of the above bullet point.
- The fenced area and the bridge to the main entrance will be completely out of bounds and staff should enter the building via the student entrance or the bottom entrance through the dining room.
- All visitors will be directed to the student entrance. We are being provided with a door buzzer which will sound in the LRC and Jo Aston will escort all visitors to main reception.
- Taxis dropping off and picking up RP students should park in one of the parking spaces in the exit curve of the top car park. From here RP students should be met and escorted along the pathway to enter the building via the bridge leading in to the gym. They should then be escorted through to main reception and down to the RP area in the usual manner. At the end of the day RP students should be escorted back to the same parking area on the exit curve using the same route through the gym and along the pathway.
- There is no change to the students’ current entrance arrangements.
Signage will be placed informing visitors where to go.